The syllabus in the Children's Division has been specifically created for the youngest students at the Academy. The creativity, artistic imagination, education and experience of our professional staff have produced an exciting program that lays a strong foundation for entrance into the Lower Division of the Academy.
The three levels in our Children's Division are based on age†:
- Pre-Ballet 1 (ages 3-4)
- Pre-Ballet 2 (age 5)
- Pre-Ballet 3 (age 6)
- † Ages for pre-ballet classes are parameters by which we place the children. The teacher ultimately decides which class is best for each child. Children may be moved to a different class if it is deemed in the child's best interest.
Class Schedule (2012-2013)
|Children's Division (one class per week)|
(3-4 year olds)
(5 year olds)
(this is a Pre-
Ballet 2/3 class
and will accept
5-6 year olds‡)
(6 year olds)
* All class schedules are subject to change.
‡ Children must be 4 by September 30, 2012 to be in the Monday class and 3 by September 30, 2012 to be in the PreBallet 1 class
Sessions and Tuition (2012-2013)
|Session||Monday Classes||Saturday Classes|
|Fall||Sept 10-Nov 26
(no class Oct 8 and Nov 19)
|$150||Sept 8-Nov 17||$165|
|Winter||Jan 7-Feb 27
(no class Jan 21 and Feb 18)
|$90||Jan 5–Feb 23||$120|
|Spring||Mar 4-May 20
(no class March 25 and Apr 8)
|$150||Mar 2–May 18
(no class March 30 and Apr 13)
Uniform and Dress Code for Children's Division Students
- Light blue camisole leotard (Mirella M207C), pink tights (Capezio 1816c), pink leather shoes.
- Hair must be secured sleekly in a bun. Short hair must be pulled back neatly off the face.
- No jewelry except stud earrings.
- No colored fingernail polish.
- White dance shirt (M. Stevens 1441), black shorts (Eurotard), black leather ballet shoes, no socks.
- Hair cut neatly and off the face.
An annual Registration Fee of $30 for the first student and $15 for each additional student in a family is required each year. Please submit the registration fee, tuition & a completed Registration Form for each student. Click here for registration materials.
Missed classes may be made up in any class at or below a dancers level. Dancers have the entire session to make up a class. CBT does not refund or credit tuition for any reason.
Children's Division has on-going registration. Tuition for students starting after a session has started will be prorated.