The syllabus in the Children's Division has been specifically created for the youngest students at the Academy. The creativity, artistic imagination, education and experience of our professional staff has produced an exciting program that lays a strong foundation for entrance into the Lower Division of the Academy.
Placement for Pre Ballet is based on the dancer's age in September of this academic year†:
- Pre-Ballet 1 (ages 3-4)
- Pre-Ballet 2 (age 5)
- Pre-Ballet 3 (age 6)
- † Ages for pre-ballet classes are parameters by which we place the children. Children may be moved to a different class, by the teacher, if it is deemed in the child's best interest.
Class Schedule (2013-14)
(3-4 year olds)
(Dancer must be 3 by Sept 30, 2013)
(5 year olds)
(Dancer must be 5 by Sept 30, 2013)
(6 year olds)
(Dancer must be 6 by Sept 30, 2013)
|3:45-4:30p (This class will accept 5 & 6 year olds. Dancer must be 5 by Sept 30, 2013)||10:30-11:15a|
* All class schedules are subject to change.
Sessions and Tuition (2013-14)
Two sessions for 2013-2014 school year:
|Saturday Classes||Monday Classes|
|Fall Session||Sept 7-Dec 21
(no class on Nov 30)
|Spring Session||Jan 11-May 17
(no class on Apr 5 or 19)
|$255||Jan 6-May 19
(no class Jan 20, Feb 17, Mar 31 or Apr 14)
Uniform and Dress Code for Children's Division Students
- Light blue camisole leotard (Mirella M207C), pink tights (Capezio 1816c), pink leather shoes.
- Hair must be secured sleekly in a bun. Short hair must be pulled back neatly off the face.
- No jewelry except stud earrings.
- No colored fingernail polish.
- White dance shirt (M. Stevens 1441), black shorts (Eurotard), black leather ballet shoes, no socks.
- Hair cut neatly and off the face.
An annual Registration Fee of $30 for the first student and $15 for each additional student in a family is required each year. Please submit the registration fee, tuition & a completed Registration Form for each student. Click here for registration materials.
Missed classes may be made up in any class at or below a dancers level. Dancers have the entire session to make up a class. CBT does not refund or credit tuition for any reason.